I am very excited that I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Emily at Emily Eats and Runs. For those of you who are not familiar with the Liebster Award, here’s what’s involved:
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you.
- Create 11 new questions.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post.
11 Facts about me
- I went to the same school for 13 years.
- I’ve never broken a bone.
- But I’ve had four concussions.
- I have had chronic headaches for as long as I can remember. Although I almost never throw up normally, the exceptions are when I get migraines.
- I enjoy raisins plain, but I hate when they’ve been baked.
- I’ve enjoyed a lifelong love affair with Paul Simon and his music.
- I love milk chocolate, but dark chocolate doesn’t really do it for me.
- I am allergic to capsaicin, the molecule that makes things like black pepper, hot peppers, and chilles spicy. For a long time I thought I just didn’t like spicy foods, but I can’t get enough of things like mustard and wasabi.
- I have a dimple on the right side but not the left.
- I took ballroom dancing classes when I was in middle school.
- I can do a backbend.
Questions from Emily
- Do you prefer coffee or tea? A tough question; I love them both. I think I prefer the taste of tea, but coffee is more or less my life source.
- Would you rather be a guest at a party or the host? Absolutely a guest. I hate hosting.
- When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? The first woman president or a gymnast. (pretty embarrassing to admit…)
- What would your last meal be? Probably lobster with white pasta and butter. Afterward, chocolate bread pudding.
- Do you have any siblings? Yes, I have two amazing and beautiful older sisters!
- What’s your dream vacation? To move to London and never come back but magically not need to make money. I guess this is more “Dream Lifestyle” than dream vacation.
- If you could live in another country, where would you live? I guess I answered that above; in England (London).
- What are three websites or blogs that you visit everyday? My wonderful friend Sara’s blog (she is the most supreme writer), Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, and Natalie Dee. The last two are webcomics. I read a lot of other webcomics that don’t update every day and I read a lot of other blogs that don’t update every day–mostly people who I’ll nominate below.
- What is your favorite season? The fall. Not even close.
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert? I’m honestly not sure anymore. I think I fall pretty evenly down the center. I am very social and enjoy talking to people, but I usually crave alone time. I was very introverted in college, but I’ve gotten more comfortable spending large quantities of time around other people.
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Coffee ice cream with oreos.
11 Nominated Bloggers
- Jessie Bear What Will You Wear?
- Brain, Body, Because
- Eat, Move, Balance
- Finding Clairity
- West Blowing Wind
- Dynamics of Happy
- The Second Serving
- Milk and Honey on the Run
- Chocolate and Wild Air
- Geek Sparkle
- Journey to Awesomehood
My Questions for my Nominated Folks!
- What’s the weirdest food combination that you’ve tried and loved?
- Do you eat to exercise or exercise to eat?
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? (recycled this one )
- What’s your favorite part of your day?
- When did you stop believing in Santa Claus (if you ever believed in him, or if you ever stopped)?
- If money weren’t a factor, what would you do with your life?
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
- What’s the definition of delicious, in your opinion?
- What’s your favorite book?
- Do you speak another language?
- Can you play a musical instrument?
I hope some of you post responses. It was fun filling out my answers, but it was more fun dreaming up questions I want to know about other bloggers.